Thursday, June 18, 2015

Let me love you

I woke up this morning and I knew,
I knew it was time that you let me love you

After all of these years you’ve got to be ready
This is no ordinary love and I am not being petty
my Heart’s under attack, like getting cut by a machete
Your indecision is making this relationship unsteady

Let me love you…

Show you with my body, what words cannot construe
Change your life, change your views, Daddy let me upgrade you
You’ve been playing with little girls, but your woman has arrived
Even after constant rejection, Like Maya, Still I Rise

Exasperated…
Exhausted,
Yearning for more
So many things,
Places,
People,
We have yet to explore

My patience is wearing thin,
And I am not sure if I will win.
But I am trying, I’m trying, much to my own chagrin

Let me love you…

Our connection is undeniable, yet unreliable
Viable, but unverifiable
Baby stop fronting and just take me down the aisle

Fuck it we can just be Facebook official
We both have always been rather non-traditional

I am what you need, what you want, what you crave
I’ve finally found my voice so I am being brave

I am not ego tripping, you’ve just been pretending
Even your ex knew, you were addicted and I am winning

I am like your kryptonite, but I don’t make you perish
You fuel my fire and I feed your fetish

I’m the Cat Woman to your Dark Knight
The other beautiful creature you can’t help but like

Dark twisted fantasies, just like mine
It was only a matter of time before our lives intertwined

Emotional vulnerability is scary
Stocked and packed full with Fragility

But just imagine all the possibilities
You’re inaccessibility is killing me!

Let me love you…

Even make us some babies
Okay, I’ll admit that part sounds a little bit crazy
So…Maybe?

Am I doing too much? Not enough? I don’t know
You know like I know, I’ve been waiting on you at the door…

I allowed a glimmer of light into this dark mass in my chest,
But unfortunately it wasn’t protected with a bullet proof vest,

Love, pain, happiness glee,
Everything came spilling out with fury…

It was worse than Pandora’s Box,
Nothing was left behind…hope was fleeting…
I’m lucky my heart survived

Hope still on life support, yearning, wanting to live
But I’ve given in to fate and it said this was the end.

No more, no less,
just acquiesce

Just as I gave in, you swoop in,
Like GPS with my heart’s address

Nonetheless…I digress…

I’ve swallowed my pride,
Put it all to the side
Quickly take advantage before this feeling subsides


I need you to make up your mind about me,
Because once I am gone, your love mail will be stamped
Rejected from addressee

Let me love you

No comments:

Post a Comment