Love’s Incarnate:
I was broken, and you helped me pick back up the pieces,
never once complaining or hoping it’d be easy
You knew you had a task at hand, that’s what I relish
Thinking of you with other women actually makes me jealous!
You personify my inner cravings and fill up my existence with your presence,
Opening me up, and shining bright with your iridescence…
Teaching me lessons,
being my blessing
My quiet in the storm when I’m stressing
Be my wake up and my put back to bed,
The snooze and relief instead of Sudafed
Help me rise back up from the dead,
I promise this time I will allow myself to be led
I still remember everything that you said
Like how you loved me, and you wanted to reach every crevice of my being
That for you this wasn’t something to do, but I was your reason for breathing!
You told me to stop my doormat behavior and set boundaries,
Because real Queens know their worth and don’t get caught up in past
camaraderie’s!
You told me to stay away from the thieves pillaging and taking my essence,
You said, "You’re special little Mama, shit you’re a blessing".
He reminded me that he was Love’s incarnate and I had nothing to lose,
Only way I could do that is if I hit snooze…
I was disoriented and confused,
he was a breath of fresh air,
my heart’s new refuge with old love swept away by the deluge
I had to pick up my pride and slay my ego’s lie
I was what was wrong with the picture in the past,
I allowed me to die.
He picked me back up and dusted me off
Polished me like a trophy and fixed the crown I once adorned
This time it was more beautiful, and I saw it like I never did before.
Adjusting it so it fit over all my doubts.
Reminding me that its me he dreamed about.
Love's Incarnate
No comments:
Post a Comment