Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Manifest Well: A Letter to Young Me


I woke up on 11/11 under a spell

I needed to tap into my manifestation well


But before I can do it, I have to deal

Because manifestation doesn’t come unless you heal


Yup, all up in my feels

This Scorpio energy annoying, but real

Pushing me to take notice of the things revealed

Uncover the darkness I used Ego to shield

 

Pulling me deep under where the dark spots lie

To face the little girl that was abandoned, but didn’t know why

 

You see her pretty brown face and furrowed brow,

As she tries to navigate an adult world as a child

9 years old, she doesn’t know how

Yet the world expects her to

And keep a smile

Even as her entire world is crashing down

Being taken advantage of and never making a sound

 

She learns to cope through masking her pain

Putting on a front and acting brave

Everyone began to expect it

She’s never able to be herself, completely authentic  

 

Losing her voice, but finding it today

Hey lil mama, we turn out okay

We no longer have to be afraid

Of that boom, that big earthquake

That put us in this cocoon in the first place

Unaware of the impact because we felt safe

 

I am here to heal you so we can grow up unencumbered

By the pain of our past or it’ll take asunder

 

I want you to know that vulnerability isn’t a weakness

It’s a roadmap to your deepest darkest secrets

And the path to your purpose lies in the bleakness

Facing your demons isn’t a sneak diss

 

I want you to know all the things you deserve

In the end you’ll find a mission in why this occurred

Your life isn’t deterred

You go on to be the shit,

no dreams deferred

 

In chaos, we move towards the brightest light

You a Bad ass Bitch in 2020, in spite

Of everything

they did to shut you down

You need to know you make me so fucking proud!

 

I love you so much little me and you need to know that

Because me loving you is what’s most important

 

I know the people that should have been there weren’t

But you have to release that, those are their lessons to learn

 

Their screwups don’t determine your worth

You have your own path to forge on this earth

 

Self-love is the best love and you got this

It’s safe to come out your shell regardless

 

To make a better decision for tomorrow today

New directions, different lessons

The choice to change 


Sharniece Benders copyright 2020. Not available for use without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment