Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Version Control


Something I won’t do is pretend,
Right now, I can’t be your lover and your friend

In this iteration of our existence
Yet you continue to move forward with persistence
Insisting
I am the one you’re missing
But absent most times so reminiscent

Of the last time you and I were together
Same energy, same circumstance, etc etc
Sounding like Carl, wish I never met her
Not fixing the problem getting back together

I fell in love with your representative
Should have known better, the meeting was tentative
This heartbreak completely preventative
Emotions oozing out like lenitive

He said he’s lowkey obsessed with me
But can’t move forward because of emotional debris
Somehow that makes me an accessory
To the crime on my heart, sounds like treachery

This version of you is a serenade
Making me believe you’re my soul mate

But what version will I get today?
Will the sweet funny guy come out to play?
Or will I get the moody depressed version on display
Feels like a setup to be betrayed

What’s most confusing is your position
I mean, what are your true intentions
This version is starting to show the glitches
Yet, I am still having trouble resisting

Emotions are the end product of experiences
You’re making it quite hard to keep up appearances
I have to say, you’re my favorite experiment 
But I can't do this emotional pyramid 

Sharniece Benders copyright 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment