Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Emotionally Broke Mofos



Ay yo, you know what really grinds my gears  
When an emotionally broke motherfucker pretends to care
 
Stirring up emotions in your love lair
Getting you all excited about an affair  
 
You ask him to keep it a buck
Because negativity got you stuck,
No longer lovestruck
But fuck it, this time, you might be in luck   
 
You explain to him you’re not the regular chick,
You ain’t the type to get sprung over some dick
but willing to take the risk if he’s worth it
Making plans and shit, y’all could be perfect
 
Too bad these men be slick,
Thinking they can pass off counterfeits as legit
 
Introducing you to vibes they can’t maintain
Especially when making you their girl wasn’t the aim
Unnecessary lying and playing games,
Come to find out he’s Representative of the Lames
 
How many times I ask if you fucking shorty?
Only for you to turn around and be like you’re it
For me
Hitting me with that queen shit like its legit
Whole time busting down thots,
Nigga, make it make sense

I do be Queenin, but you ain’t no King
Just another motherfucker looking for a fling
But mi not play dem tingz
This why a bitch be violent and wanting to swing
 
Dude, I said no rain with my sunshine
Just give me light without the lies
Lying to me is pretty asinine
Because homie
I AM THE VIBE
 
Keep your love drive-bys
Inconsistent replies
Emotional bribes
Netflix love, I won’t subscribe
As you try and devise,
Ways to make me stay
In this playground of bullshit,
I am dismayed

Good thing I am always paying attention
I see through all of your ill intentions
Just because I never mention,
Doesn’t mean I didn’t pick up what you were giving

And that you were pretending
But this shit’s ending
Karma pending
I aint finna trip over it,
I’ve ascended 

Sharniece Benders copyright 2020. Not available for use without permission

3 comments: